Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

What every cowgirl needs...

My oldest daughter wanted a horse-themed birthday party when she turned 6.  As one of the games we were going to race hobby-horses.  The problem: with T-48 hours I had one hobby horse in rough condition.  BUT... I had a bag of scrap fabric (much of it upholstery grade), plenty of ribbon and yarn (happens where there are girls) and a bag of fill.  A quick trip to Meijer for 3 dowels and we were off to the races!  (Literally)





They turned out well enough that I made 4 more for my niece and nephews for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Sammy LOVES his horse all of a sudden! (After being not sure what to do with it at Christmas.) The past few days he has been taking it and galloping around the house. He's even figured out how to gallop astride, which can get tricky. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete