Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hazelnut No-Bake Cookies

Another recipe that stemmed from my daughters' peanut allergy, this was a FANTASTIC discovery.  Nutella (and a handful of off-brand hazelnut spreads) doesn't contain traces of peanuts.  Wanting an alternative to the Soy butter that I had been using in my no-bake cookies, I gave it a whirl.  They are delicious!  Here's the recipe that I used:

My girls enjoy helping me "drop" these cookies.


Hazelnut No-Bake Cookies
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Nuttela
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups dry oatmeal  (I've used both instant and old fashioned, and both worked)

In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk, and bring to hard boil for 2 minutes.  Let cool for 5 minutes, then add the vanilla and oats.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment