Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

A little less candy, a little more fun...

What I stuffed into the Easter eggs the last few years WASN'T made with corn syrup and red #40


I like to make most of my girls' treats from scratch, partly because of Lily's peanut allergy and partly because I feel like it's a tad healthier and yummier.  We really don't have a use for 6 1-gallon zip-lock bags filled with tootsie rolls and dum-dums.  But it's SOOOO much fun to find a basket full of eggs.  So what do you put in them?  Well there are socks and hair bows and crackers... but I decided to prolong the fun by making it a treasure hunt to find their baskets.  I made this giant map, with the location of the 4 baskets.  Then I chopped it into 80 pieces and hid it in the eggs, 20 per kid.





They carried their baskets out on the hunt, then dumped them on the living room floor and began assembling the map (with much help from my husband) while I filled and hid the baskets, which contained their home-made goodies.  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment